Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How do you feel about working for Hershey as a Co-op?

jayrichjayrich Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
I will be taking 8 months off from School to do a paid co-op with The Hershey Company from January to August 2013.

From your perspective is it worth it?

How do you feel about Co-ops?

How do you feel about The Hershey Company?
Post edited by jayrich on

Replies to: How do you feel about working for Hershey as a Co-op?

• happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 18,802Registered User Senior Member
    You seem to be very worried about this. Ask the co-op coordinator at your university and/or the one at Hershey to put you in touch with students who have held this position in the past. They are the ones who are most likely to be able to answer your questions.

Generally speaking though, co-ops are a very good thing.
  • TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Posts: 977Registered User Member
    I assume that you are not a student at Northeastern, Drexel or Cincinnati where the vast majority of students do co-op. You feel that you are missing out on the academic experience by "taking time off" to do a coop. Shame. The experience that you will get at Hershey can be invaluable in jump starting your career.

At co-op schools you are the odd one out if you do not do co-op.
  • ClassicRockerDadClassicRockerDad Posts: 3,591Registered User Senior Member
    Sounds like a sweet job!
  • jayrichjayrich Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    @happy mom
    not worried at all. I just wanted some input from others. I've already spoken to some people on campus.

@Tom...No I dont attend those schools. Wow its great to hear that you feel it will be an invaluable experience...Im excited. Thanks for your input.

@Classic... Thanks!
  • spectasticspectastic Posts: 847- Member
    Hershey Labor Controversy Investigated By Legal Experts

also look up some testimonials on youtube.

that's how I feel about them
  • jayrichjayrich Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    @spectastic

Wow. Thanks for the insight. I wasnt aware of that.
  • mamaroneckmamaroneck Posts: 232Registered User Junior Member
    I know one of the job descriptions for Hershey's co-op is "Able to lift 20 pounds" presumably of food ingredients or products. I think it said 20. Maybe 15.

But don't worry, I'm sure that the co-op as a US college undergrad will be nothing like the exploitative lawsuit link that spectastic shared.