Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Hamilton, Middlebury, Williams - Which is preppiest?

NemesisNyxNemesisNyx Posts: 201Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in College Search & Selection
Which, out of Hamilton, Middlebury, and Williams, is the most "preppy?" Not just based on the number of kids who come prom prep schools, but the overall "vibe" of it. And which is least preppy?
Post edited by NemesisNyx on

Replies to: Hamilton, Middlebury, Williams - Which is preppiest?

• AnchserAnchser Posts: 134Registered User Junior Member
    They're all elite LACs in the northeast... Preppy is inevitable at all three. With that being said, Hamilton has a pretty outdoorsy vibe (at least when i visited). However, there are still lots of preppy kids (which was a good thing for me). I think Williams would probably be the most preppy of these 3. I'm not sure about Midd, but from what I've heard it's probably in between Hamilton and Williams.
  • marshallmeyer12marshallmeyer12 Posts: 445Registered User Member
    I would say Williams. It's also the most prestigious and balanced between Liberals and Conservatives.

Go Williams :)
  • M's MomM's Mom Posts: 4,562Registered User Senior Member
    They're all preppy. If you want to avoid preppy, you need to look at the midwestern LACs and some of those in the NW. If you can handle some prep, but in smaller doses, the mid-Atlantic LACs might work, as would the Claremont consortium in CA.