Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What are these Colleges Like?

kluxshanakluxshana Posts: 15Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in College Search & Selection
Hello, so, I guess the dreaded college process has begun for me. So far, I've visited one college and will be visiting many others within the coming months. I was just wondering if anyone would be able to let me know about what some (or all) of the following colleges are like:

-Brown University
-Connecticut College
-Boston University
-New York University
-Northeastern University
-Cornell University
-McGill University
-Brandeis University
-Tufts University
-Johns Hopkins University
-The University of Southern California
-The University of California (Los Angeles and Berkeley)
-The University of Connecticut

Any information would be helpful, but in terms of specific, possibly information about the academics, social life, internship opportunities, night life, and specifically Public Health or Human Biology (those are the majors that interest me the most at the moment).

Also, this is sort of random and you don't necessarily have to answer this (or even anything above), but could I get into any of the above schools with a 3.95 (unweighted GPA) and a 1900 SAT or above?

Thank you!
Post edited by kluxshana on

Replies to: What are these Colleges Like?

• BeanTownGirlBeanTownGirl Posts: 2,725Registered User Senior Member
    A more efficient approach would be to buy or borrow from the public library a few good college guides such as The Fiske Guide or Princeton Review. They give very good descriptive info about most of the issues you are asking about, in addition to the usual statistics.
    Then come back here with more specific questions or to search for topics since these schools are discussed a lot and many have their own forums...
  • kluxshanakluxshana Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    Thank you! I'll look into that.