Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Schools with top-notch academics and arts programs?

ShaywoodShaywood Posts: 189Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2012 in College Search & Selection
I am really trying to get perfect scores in the majority of my classes. I want to know what schools I should aim for, because even if I don't get into those places I still have tons of options. I would really like a school with great business and performing arts schools, such as Northwestern University (which is currently at the top of my list). Any other schools come to mind?

Don't be afraid to list some prestigious schools; it will be easier to convince my mom to let me major in the performing arts if she recognizes the name.
Post edited by Shaywood on

Replies to: Schools with top-notch academics and arts programs?

• warblersrulewarblersrule Posts: 8,687Super Moderator Senior Member
    I am not terribly familiar with the performing arts, but I believe Michigan, Cornell (cross-registration with Ithaca), and WUStL would be good choices for business and the performing arts. USC just received a large donation to add a school of dance; it already has strong offerings in theatre and business. CMU is good at business and theatre but does not offer dance. Emory offers all three and is likely worth a look as well.

Duke offers an exceptionally fine dance program. Theatre is not as strong, though the student groups (particularly musical theater) are quite good. No undergrad business; econ/finance is the most popular choice instead.
  • happy1happy1 Posts: 3,556Registered User Senior Member
    I'd look into NYU as well.
  • qialahqialah Posts: 1,634Registered User Senior Member
    USC just announced a big donation for a new school of dance. They also have excellent business and a great film school.