Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What other colleges should I look at?

kevlar1kevlar1 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in College Search & Selection
I'm a high school senior at a fairly competitive high school in Massachusetts and I'm looking to pursue a degree in finance. While I have a few ideas, I feel like my list is too short and narrow. I am interested in schools like Northeastern/Bentley, I just need more suggestions. That being said, what are some match/reach colleges that I should consider? I really appreciate any help!

One thing that worries me is what seems like a discrepancy between my GPA and SAT score which I fear will tell colleges I got easy As which I don't believe is the case. I just kind of stink at English unfortunately. So with that I don't know what I can look at as far as reaches.

Basics:
Unweighted GPA: 3.8
Weighted GPA: 4.3
5 APs - 3 As, 2 Bs
SAT - 1900
Math II - 720
Chemistry - 710
-First honors throughout high school
-Fairly involved in ECs. NHS, treasurer of community service club, have a job year round, and a few other things

Looking for <25,000 students
City or suburb preferably but not a must
Assume I can go without financial aid if I have to
Post edited by kevlar1 on

Replies to: What other colleges should I look at?

• BeanTownGirlBeanTownGirl Posts: 2,724Registered User Senior Member
    Fordham, GWU, American, U.Richmond, Pitt, BU, Babson, Lehigh
  • kevlar1kevlar1 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    Thanks! I will definitely look into those.

I thought I should just add that I'm also looking for a college with good internship connections and job placement rates. I know it often comes with large universities in and around cities but in case that rings any bells in anybody's head, I thought I'd mention it.