Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What are some good colleges for average students?

Tor1017Tor1017 Posts: 170. Junior Member
edited March 2006 in College Search & Selection
I'm not the best student academically. I have an 89 or 90 average in all regular classes(no honors). Which gives me a 3.0 gpa
Post edited by Tor1017 on

Replies to: What are some good colleges for average students?

• kokoda2kokoda2 Posts: 71Registered User Junior Member
    You can find list of what you want in usnews website.
  • HeavenWoodHeavenWood Posts: 2,062Registered User Senior Member
    Try large state schools such as...

Arizona State, Temple, (the CalState system is a good one to look into), some of the lower-ranked SUNYs, etc...
  • Sonoma000Sonoma000 Posts: 233Registered User Junior Member
    I can relate..ASU is a good schoool try WashingtonStateU. If you want your instate school try anything ending with State University not University of
  • TourGuide446TourGuide446 Posts: 3,099- Senior Member
    You don't sound very confident. In which case maybe the big state schools might not be so great for you (lost in the shuffle). The larger state schools in New England are pretty decent and not huge: Universities of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Conn, Rhode Island, Mass.

Also check out Denver, Ohio U, Miami (Ohio), and Iowa.

Also, lots of decent mid-sized Catholic colleges like Marquette, St. Louis, Villanova, Santa Clara.
  • AlexandreAlexandre Posts: 21,768Super Moderator Senior Member
    Since when is a 90% average considered a 3.0? I though 90% averages translated roughly into 3.5-3.7 GPAs? Did you also get an average SAT score? Like a 2100?! hehe
  • bball87bball87 Posts: 2,529- Senior Member
    wat is a 4.0, in ur school, 126 out of 100
  • fivrefivre Posts: 78Registered User Junior Member
    Alexandre: depends on your school's GPA calculation. Here any B (93-86) is a 3.0 in an unweighted class, regardless of +/- status.
  • Tor1017Tor1017 Posts: 170. Junior Member
    I'm confident and set goals for the year. I go to private school so its there is probably a whole diff gpa conversion. The top 10 in my class have gpas of at least 3.8-4.1ish. I'm only ranked 88/195. The classes at my school are much harder compared to most public schools around the area. (which is why we pay like 6 grand a year to go there) Not to be cocky or anything.