Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Vassar vs Emory vs Tufts

ice3221ice3221 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited March 2014 in College Search & Selection
I have recently gotten into three amazing schools! I am not yet sure what I want to major in, but I am leaning towards business, econ, and political science. I am wondering if I can hear some suggestions on which one has the best academic experience, opportunities, reputation, and social life!

Replies to: Vassar vs Emory vs Tufts

• gondalineNJgondalineNJ Registered User Posts: 415 Member
    Don't know that anyone can tell you which school is "best" in all the areas you list. Reputation, certainly, is roughly equal for all three. The broad-brush labels are Vassar: progressive; Emory: pre-professional; and Tufts... actually, cannot peg Tufts in a word, which, IMO, is its appeal. Maybe "Goldilocks" is a good analogy: not too small, not too big; not too quirky, not too preppy; not too artsy, not too jocky; not too cutthroat, not too unchallenging. Internship opportunities are abundant; access to thriving downtowns in Davis and Harvard Squares plus Boston is easy; and clubs/ groups of all stripes are available and welcoming. And Tufts IR program is one of best in country.

http://internationalrelationsonline.com/education/international-relations-program-rankings/
This discussion has been closed.