Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Worst Ivy School

greatgurugreatguru Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2008 in College Search & Selection
I know they're all good....Just wondering which one do you people think is the worst for undergrad.
Post edited by greatguru on

Replies to: Worst Ivy School

• AceRockollaAceRockolla Posts: 672Registered User Member
    strange topic, but I'd say Cornell followed by Penn.
  • GnnSk8GnnSk8 Posts: 78Registered User Junior Member
    cornell... then dartmouth. pen has wharton if u have some kind of land mark school u cant be that bad, and other programs are solid
  • bobbobbobbobbobbob Posts: 4,772Registered User Senior Member
    Hyp

Bcdp

C
  • warblersrulewarblersrule Posts: 8,922Super Moderator Senior Member
    Tier 1: Brown, Dartmouth, Princeton
    Tier 2: U Penn, Yale
    Tier 3: Columbia, Cornell, Harvard

Not exactly quality, more a measure of undergrad treatment. The LAC-like Ivies come out on top. Cornell's not bad, but its relatively large class sizes work against it.
  • huskem55huskem55 Posts: 4,284User Awaiting Email Confirmation Senior Member
    this has to be the stupidest thread ever
  • greatgurugreatguru Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
    hehehe..yeah..I realize it's sort of like asking "stupidest Nobel Prize winner"...But there's an ulterior motive. :P

Been accepted to all the lower Ivies and have to decide which one to attend. Whenever I ask anyone they just say "whichever appeals to YOU". I personally have NO idea how they are since I'm an international student. I'm trying to eliminate some, without the "go where your heart leads to you"-advice that would accompany this thread otherwise. I'm sure people posting here have a better idea of how such schools are for undergrad students and would give more informed advice.
    cornell... then dartmouth. pen has wharton if u have some kind of land mark school u cant be that bad, and other programs are solid

Dartmouth would be among the best. Along with Princeton, it's the only ivy that puts its main focus on the undergraduate schools.
  • snowgirl9388snowgirl9388 Posts: 209Registered User Junior Member
    cornell is def the worst out of them... too many students and apparently its stressful.
  • collegehelpcollegehelp Posts: 6,396Registered User Senior Member
    greatguru-
    Where else were you accepted besides the Ivys?
  • greatgurugreatguru Posts: 62Registered User Junior Member
    hehehe..rejected at every university except cornell, upenn and brown. (waitlisted for Stanford). Didn't apply to Columbia, HYP.
  • collegehelpcollegehelp Posts: 6,396Registered User Senior Member
    I would suggest Brown to greatguru.
  • gomestargomestar Posts: 4,699Registered User Senior Member
    Penn or Dartmouth

for undergraduates, Cornell offers the most available courses and majors.
    I would choose Brown too.
  • jpps1jpps1 Posts: 1,993. Senior Member
    Cornell or Brown.
  • AcceptedAlreadyAcceptedAlready Posts: 2,634Registered User Senior Member
    Penn has Wharton. Brown has its specializations on education and open curriculum. HYP are definitely not the worst. Dartmouth/Columbia are the mid ivies.

Therefore I would say Cornell is the weakest. Its best program is engineering and even that is beaten by non-Ivies such as Stanford, MIT, Cal-Tech, etc.
This discussion has been closed.