Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

East Coast colleges I can get into? (No more south than Pennsilvania)

baconslices12baconslices12 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Here's my extra curriculars, classes, and unweighted GPA

Freshman Year:
Classes:
Biology Honors
Algebra 1 Honors
English 1 Honors
World History Honors
Latin 1 Honors
Health 1
Gym 1
EC:
Football Team

Sophomore Year:
Classes:
Physics Honors
Latin 2 Honors
Geometry Honors
Algebra 2 Honors
American Literature (Through the local community college, so that should count for something, right?)
U.S. History 1 (Also through local community college)
Gym 2
Health 2
EC:
Still only football team, which I know is really bad, but this is when I enrolled in an early college program to let me take college classes in highschool.
At this point my unweighted GPA was around a 3.0

Junior Year:
Classes:
Chemistry Honors
Precalc Honors
Latin 3 Honors
Composition 1 (Through the early college program)
U.S. History 2 ( Through the early college program)
Intro to Sociology (Through early college program)
Exploring the Arts ( Essentially an art history course, again through the early college program)
Robotics
EC:
Junior year I really stepped it up
Football again
Wrote for the school newspaper, which hadn’t been written for in over 40 years
Joined the AV club, which I really enjoy
I was a boy scout all throughout highschool, but I am going to earn my eagle scout this summer. The project is almost completed so I’m almost 100% sure I’m gonna get it
Side note: Compared to Freshman and Sophomore year where I got a 3.0 GPA, this year I have been getting straight A’s, and presumably next year as well, if I just keep doing what I’ve been doing. As of now, my GPA is 3.4, which I think I can raise to 3.5, and maybe just barely get a 3.6 by the time I start applying to college.

Senior Year:
(This is obviously not 100% positive because it hasn’t happened yet, but this is what I think should happen)
Classes:
(These are positive because I have planned them with my guidance counselor)
AP Computer Science
AP Calculus
AP Chemistry
Composition 2 (Through early college program)
Intro to Psychology (Through early college program)
AP Statistics
A lot of you may be wondering if I can handle all these AP classes, but I’m pretty confident in my ability. All my teachers recommended me for those AP classes, and the only reason I haven’t taken any so far is because they literally aren’t offered until Junior year, but in Junior and sophomore year I was enrolled in early college program, which counts as AP credits at my school. So I have more AP credits right now than any of the AP student Juniors, even though I haven’t taken any official AP classes yet. But I have been taking that caliber of class since Sophomore year even. I also expect to straight A’s with maybe a few B’s
Realistically by the time I start applying my GPA will be 3.5, and I should have an SAT of around 1300. I took the PSAT and got 1170, and right now I’m taking a prep course that supposably increases your SAT score by at least 100 points. I also didn’t really study for the PSAT, because I knew that it wouldn’t affect me at all if I did bad. I am also going to take the Latin SAT 2, because I can’t take AP Latin my senior year due to scheduling issues. I expect to do really good on this, because I don't mean to brag, but I'm probably the best Latin student in my class. I consistently get straight A's, while the class average is around a B-.
EC:
I will have my Eagle scout completed
Football team
Writing for the school newspaper
AV club
Also, in all my four year of highschool, I’ve been working at a local boy scout camp.
Just from boy scouts alone I most likely have around 350 service hours

What colleges do you think I have a shot at? I want to major in computer science, and so far I have considered Rochestor Institute of Technology (Reach), Wentworth Institute of Technology (Almost 100% sure I can get in, and I really liked the campus when I visited.), WPI, Champlain College (Safety School), and UMass Amherst (I looked at Naviance, and the average accepted GPA from my school is a 3.4, so I think I should be good.) Any other colleges I should consider?
Keep in mind
GPA: 3.5
SAT: 1300 (Hopefully. Worst case scenario is 1200.)

Replies to: East Coast colleges I can get into? (No more south than Pennsilvania)