Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UChicago Waitlisted

KalaniAnneKalaniAnne Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
So is it generally that the letter to your admissions counselor plays a bigger part for UChicago than most other elite schools?

Replies to: UChicago Waitlisted

• marvin100marvin100 Registered User Posts: 8,905 Senior Member
    Probably not but no way to know for sure, @KalaniAnne
  • insanedreamerinsanedreamer Registered User Posts: 1,342 Senior Member
    My D was waitlisted a UChicago 2 years ago. As exciting as it might be to think about the chance of getting off the waitlist, I recommend that you look at the waitlist as a nice "no". Congratulate yourself that you got waitlisted, which is no small accomplishment, and make plans to go elsewhere. If by a miracle you do get off the waitlist, then awesome - you won the lottery.
  • boudersbouders Registered User Posts: 1,501 Senior Member
    I have a relative who was waitlisted at UChicago last year. A prompt phone call from their prep school guidance counselor got them in. Have your GC call. Also email a lette tor UChicago admissions promising to attend if admitted.
  • HizeusHizeus Registered User Posts: 141 Junior Member
    UChicago seems to really suggest that you not have someone call or write on your behalf. I don't know if that usually works out well, although I can't be completely sure.
  • KalaniAnneKalaniAnne Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    Would a public school guidance counselor work as well?