Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UT vs Purdue vs ASU for mechanical engineering?

DavidA993DavidA993 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I have been accepted to UT, Purdue and ASU for mechanical engineering. They all have their pros and cons. At a glance Purdue seems like the best option, as it is the highest ranked by US News and World Report. However, it is by far the most expensive option for me because I am out of state and did not receive scholastship money. UT is the next highest ranked, and I am in state so it is significantly cheaper. However, I did not receive scholarship money from them either, and I got rejected by their honors program. ASU is the lowest ranked of the three, so it might seem like an odd option. However, they pay for my tuition, so I only have to worry about room and board, and I got into their honors school, which is one of the highest ranked in the country. Based on this information, which one is the best choice for me?

Replies to: UT vs Purdue vs ASU for mechanical engineering?