Expert opinions on the college admissions process!
Ask the Dean
Read answers to questions about the college admissions process, financial aid, and college search by College Confidential’s resident expert!
Search from over 3 million scholarships worth more than $13 billion.
We'll help you estimate your AI, which is used by some schools to summarize the academic
accomplishments of applicants.
College affordability is important for just about everyone these days, and it's handy to
get an idea of how much aid you might be eligible for.
Join for FREE,
and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions,
Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky
welcome messages (like this one!)
For those of you who do not wish to read through the articles, some of the main points include:
- stressed and depressed students
- many students' laser-like focus on a superficial definition of success (e.g. students giving up on their passions to go into finance or consulting)
- alongside the focus on "success", an apathy towards intellectuality and a lack of passion for ideas
- an unfriendly, competitive, and cutthroat environment
- a student body that isn't all it's hyped up to be (lots of mediocre people who have rich parents), with many uninteresting and/or moronic people
- unchallenging academics and massive grade inflation
- instead of teaching the ability to think critically, top schools merely prepare students for life in business and the professions