Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Safe/target schools for pre-med

anku99anku99 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
Hi!
I am learning that the most important thing for med school is a good mcat score and good college gpa. I have been assuming that I should go for top tier schools to increase my chances, but it hit me that my gap will get ruined if I only look at the name and ignore how well I will handle the rigorous academics of the schools. I am wondering what are some safe/ target schools for someone with a 31 ACT and a 3.9 unweighted gpa. I plan on doing a neuroscience major. Ideally, I would like to attend a school that is known for something or has some well known rankings. I was thinking of schools like Emory and Umich, but those have a a very hard workload that I may not be able to handle.
Thanks!

Replies to: Safe/target schools for pre-med

• snarlatronsnarlatron Registered User Posts: 1,489 Senior Member
    Cost is also a key variable because Med School will be very expensive. BTW why do you care about "well known rankings?" Med Schools usually will not.
  • anku99anku99 Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    I feel like my chances of getting into a well known grad school increase if I went to a well known undergrad school, and that my chances of getting into a well known med schools will increase if I went to a well known grad school. I am thinking in the long term aspect of it.