Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

Are these colleges worth it? Opinions and/or ideas.

2»

Replies to: Are these colleges worth it? Opinions and/or ideas.

• MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 29,764 Senior Member
    Hm, it's very likely "their desires" are marketing materials they send through a third party to all students who meet specific GPA/test score/geographic criteria.
    Have you talked to an admission officer (not a student worker in the admission office) at these schools? Have you received written confirmation from that officer about whatever you talked about?
    Have you run the NPC on each and every one of them (each college calculates differently)?
    Does your school have Naviance?
    Have you looked into the colleges suggested on this thread yet? If so, can you list net price for each+ eaxh from your list?
  • devinvolden1devinvolden1 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Their desires...as in, like, my grandparents. Not schools, so. Yeah.
  • glittervineglittervine Registered User Posts: 187 Junior Member
    @MYOS1634 means that your grandparents' desires probably have to do with colleges' marketing, not the actual quality or personal fit of the school.
    I'm trying to say, financially, I know what they're willing to do. They said they'll help, and they don't care where I go to school, it's just what I want. I know what their desires are regarding how much to spend. They dont want to me to go to any college in particular, just somewhere I want to go.
  • intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 27,992 Senior Member
    As long as they have a quarter of a million dollars for it (and they might), then you really don't need to worry much about it.
    Ok, so what's their monthly or annual college budget from income+savings?
    Do you have a job?
    For us to estimate if any of these is "worth it" we need to know the net price you got when you ran the NPC for each, can you list that below so that we can estimate value ("bang for the buck") or ROI for you?
    Ok, so what's their monthly or annual college budget from income+savings?
    Do you have a job?
    For us to estimate if any of these is "worth it" we need to know the net price you got when you ran the NPC for each, can you list that below so that we can estimate value ("bang for the buck") or ROI for you?
    I'm so dumb, I totally misworded that. That makes so much sense. I'm sorry. I mean "worth it" as in academic wise, and are they good schools, are there any on my list I'm wasting my time with, etc. I'm sorry, it wasn't the best word choice.
  • moooopmoooop Registered User Posts: 1,495 Senior Member
    You're not dumb...it's not easy to get precise & subtle points across in a few sentences. But it's good practice for making your writing clear & exact.
    Costs factor in. "Worth it" means value as well as fit and appropriate for stats.
    Please provide NPC results.
2»