Anyone have ideas on a good match school (outside of Texas)?
Hey guys, senior here. I've been looking at several college sites and while I have my in-state school list compiled, I need some help finding match schools that are out of state. (I live in TX) If you know any, would you mind skimming the parts below to comment on any suggestions? Thanks!
I've broken this down into 2 parts, College for the school environment, and My Stuff for admissions selectivity.
- preferably large city
- a location that actually snows??? PLEASE
- I'm into diversity so it would be great if I went to a college with a diverse mix of people.
- I also intend to study abroad.
- a college that can party but also has academic rigor
- no cutthroat environment, please
- double in Neuro and psych. I'm planning to be a doctor (psychiatrist) so premed.
- 1580 SAT (SAT II Math: 790)
- 35 ACT
- 4.0 GPA (4.5/5.0GPA Weighted)
- Rank 9/493
- I'm very passionate about mental health so I've started my own psych club, am part of a mental health nonprofit, hold leadership positions in clubs related to this, and have 250+ hours of clinical volunteering. I've also worked in a lab during the last two summers.
- not sure, but it's very probable I am a National Merit Semifinalist
- AP National Scholar
(not necessary, but would be nice to have)
- diverse city (with ethnic neighborhoods like Chinatown or Little Italy, etc)
- I'm slightly liberal
- Great public transportation
- Great academic counselors :)
I'm really sorry for the length. I'm actually not too sure on how to post stuff like this, so please let me know if I am too specific or too general. I'll try to respond asap! Thanks for reading!!