Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Looking for colleges to apply - International Transfer student

transfer3018transfer3018 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited September 13 in College Search & Selection
Demographics: Asian female. International student but moved to the US a year ago. Studied 12th grade in CO. I will be a freshman this fall at a CC in WA. I want to major in Business and maybe double major in Computer Science

Scores SAT super score:1300 (620 R 680 M) I'm going to check with colleges and retake it this November because I feel like I didn't have time to study in 12th grade. Now I've definitely improved a lot.

School and class info: 3.78 UW GPA, 4.15 W GPA. College first quarter didn't start yet.

Senior year - AP Calc AB AP Microeconomics, AP Macroeconomics, Adv. Physics. My school in India didn't have AP's

College: A community college in WA. I will be taking Microeconomics, Calc 1, English 101 and Stats this fall. All these are requirements for an Associate's degree and requirements for admission to UW

Extracurriculars: Future Business Leaders of America(FBLA) - Senior year. Received 1st prize in district level for banking and financial systems. Qualified for States. Received Varsity letter
Distributive Educational Club of America(DECA) - Senior year. 3rd prize in CU invitationals for principles of business management.
Graduated with Magna Cum Laude (I think it's like top 10% of the class)
Going to join a business club in my new college

Costs: I can pay $15,000 a year. I will take a loan if it's a little more than that. But no more than $25,000 per year
I'm looking at Drexel, UW Seattle (I could qualify for in state tuition), and still looking for more colleges.
I got $36,000 aid from Drexel last year. I mentioned on my CSS that I can pay $30,000 but I'm changing it to $15,000 this year. Can I get $36,000 like last year, or will it be even less now that I'm a transfer student?

In my senior year, I got into UCI, UW(Pre Science), Drexel, Fordham, UCSC, a couple others and waitlisted at NYU.
Thank you!