Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How do you know what you want to study?

zkevinzkevin Posts: 960Registered User Member
edited October 2008 in College Search & Selection
I originally decided to studying business/econ when I applied to schools, but now I'm starting to doubt what I want to study. I'm starting to consider both law and medicine now. But thing is, I'm really not sure what I want to study. I don't want to end up studying something I'm bad it / don't like, but I don't know what I like / am good at. I'm worried I'll end up changing majors constantly, but still not know what I want to study

How did you guys know what you wanted to study?
Post edited by zkevin on

Replies to: How do you know what you want to study?

• IsleBoyIsleBoy Posts: 2,681Registered User Senior Member
    Figured out that every subject is interrelated...

Had some amazing teachers that made me interested in areas I had not considered...

Thought about what subjects I gravitated towards...

Noted the programs I watched on tv, the books I enjoy, and the magazines I buy...

Figured out what I was good at AND what was interesting...

Once you are in colleges, you'll usually fall inot what you enjoy. Just pay attention to the most interesting conversations/experiences you have, whether it is in the classroom, dorm, cafeteria, or on the playing field.

That, by far, is what did it for me.
  • Gallery_of_HouseGallery_of_House Posts: 37Registered User Junior Member
    http://www.paulgraham.com/love.html

http://www.paulgraham.com/hs.html

He has great messages in his essays. Hopefully they help you.
  • smaug27smaug27 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    Thank you Gallery of House.

I randomly landed on this forum trying to look for answers about my indecision of what to study in college.

I read both your links.

I registered on this website just to post a reply to your post to say Thank you, it really made me see things from a different perspective, a truer one if you will.

I don't care if you never see this reply i just had to do it :)

Hopefully one day you will and know that you helped a fellow human being.

-Smaug