Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Rowan

jkkmart04jkkmart04 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2007 in College Search & Selection
how is rowan's reputation?...does it look good graduating from rowan???...i want to do law and/or business...is rowan a good undergrad college for those two programs???
Post edited by jkkmart04 on

Replies to: Rowan

• northeastmomnortheastmom Posts: 12,379Registered User Senior Member
    We looked at Rowan. My older son decided not to apply because of the perceived lack for name recognition. The same goes for Ramapo and Montclair. Other states have schools with name recognition even though they are not the state's flagship school. Our state does not seem to have that in the minds of many. For law school you need a program. You might look at the scores or their student's LSATs (think that is what they are called). I have heard that the business school okay, but again, there's no name recognition.
  • KY Crusader 75KY Crusader 75 Posts: 215Registered User Junior Member
    Is Rowan the formr Glassboro State University?
    I am pretty sure that is correct.

In my earlier post I meant to say that for law you don't need a specific major/program.
  • 2-iron2-iron Posts: 847Registered User Member
    Rowan has a good education department and a good criminal justice program. Not sure about business.
  • jkkmart04jkkmart04 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    thanks...i was wondering how is rowan in relation to ramapo...is it better or worse???
    I don't know which is ranked higher, if that is what you are asking. I would look at the strength of the departments and course offerings, because I don't think it makes too much difference. Neither are the state's flagship, but they are both the next tier down after Rutgers and TCNJ. I don't think that either one have much name recognition, but you can get a good education at both schools.
  • PuddyPuddy Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    Rowan has an excellent Engineering Dept. It is hands on.