Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

UMich UVA UNC-CH

ChoklitRainChoklitRain - Posts: 2,625 Senior Member
edited October 2008 in College Search & Selection
Okay, I'm one of those kids with good stats. 2370 SAT and top 10% of a prep school that sends 15% of its grads to Ivies. In terms of low matches(schools I would actually attend and would most likely get accepted to), I'm looking at UMich, UVA, and UNC-CH. In terms of academics and quality of life, how do these three schools compare?

Replies to: UMich UVA UNC-CH

• country daycountry day Registered User Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    They are all relatively similar, just big public schools. Virgina has a southern flavor there. Most of the schools are some what similar academically wise however Virgina is probably the best of the three.
  • mephist0mephist0 Registered User Posts: 734 Member
    I believe there was a several page thread on this exact subject not too long ago...
    They're all pretty similar (UNC is the hardest to get into oos as it guarantees a certain % of instate students get in), as big as they are any program at any of them will be pretty good, but look at what you want to major in and see which school has the strongest program in it. For example, UMich is probably the best in terms of political science.
    Cal and UCLA would be comparable to these schools as well.
This discussion has been closed.