Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

New York colleges(suny) vs Connecticut colleges.

zhenkazhenka Posts: 6Registered User New Member
I have a chance to get in-state tuition for both systems. I know all the good SUNY schools but i am clueless about Connecticut. Can someone fill me in about Connecticut state colleges? How do they compare to Stony Brook/Buffalo for Engineering and Business.

Thanks!
Post edited by zhenka on

Replies to: New York colleges(suny) vs Connecticut colleges.

• livesinnewjerseylivesinnewjersey Posts: 620Registered User Member
    I just visited UConn & I am not sure about the programs but thought I would give a little other info. The campus is quite attractive & large. It reminded me of Penn State. There seems to be a lot of school spirit b/c of Basketball & I think that helps make the college experience more fun. Downside is only about 10% of the students are from OOS -so if you didn't grow up in CT you might feel like an outsider.

I don't think any of the SUNY schools have rah rah spirit with teams but maybe that has changed. I would pick Stony Brook over Buffalo b/c for better weather.