Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

University of Miami School of Business - Any good?

mtreyesmtreyes Posts: 4Registered User New Member
My college counselor really wants me to apply there (I'm a junior). Anyways, I plan on majoring in Finance. Does Miami have a good finance program and are job opportunities good for graduates? What other universities would you guys recommend for Finance? I'm a good student, but I'm definitely not Ivy league material. Thanks.
Post edited by mtreyes on

Replies to: University of Miami School of Business - Any good?

• runaturunatu Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    Just a heads up, all the finance majors I know are killing themselves to find jobs. The accounting majors (like myself) are mostly set though, so if you want to consider a good alternative major that still involves number and has great job statistics, I would switch to accounting.. That being said, UMiami is known for two things : Parties and Football. If you're looking for a good challenging program, I would look into William and Mary, University of Richmond, and Villanova as a possible reach. All of these made it into the top 20 under grad business programs, and have great job statistics and alumni networks (which we all know are key). And if price is an issue ( because these schools tend to have price tags above 50 k a year) some good public schools include UCAL Berkley, Texas A and M, and USC.

Anyway good luck- college is fun and you should pick a school you're comfortable at.
  • maxellismaxellis Posts: 1,172Registered User Senior Member
    US News and World reports ranks undergrad business programs (and finance specifically). I would look there for ideas.