College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
I need some help from you guys to help me find the "perfect" college/university.
I'd like the college to have the following characteristics:
- An undergraduate student body size of 15,000 or more.
- The student body to be diverse (about 75% or less is white).
- The campus to have aesthetic beauty.
- The campus to be located in a city where the population is over 100,000 or so. I'm open to cities the size of Madison, WI to the size of Chicago, IL.
- Entering freshmen have an average ACT score of 25-30.
- The campus to have a "college town" feel. I definitely don't wanna go to a "suitcase" college where everybody leaves on the weekend.
- The student body to be friendly.
- The weather to be nice. I live in Ohio right now, so I'm used to hot summers and cold winters. All around nice temperatures would be nice, though.
- As I said before, I live in Ohio, but I'd like to go out-of-state.
- A large majority of the students live on campus and do not commute back and forth to school.
- At least 10-15% of the undergrads are out-of-state, even though 20-30% would be better.
- The student body to be more liberal than conservative.
- The college to have a strong science department. I'm unsure about my major right now, but I'm leaning towards biological sciences.
Got any suggestions? I know it's pretty much impossible for a college to have all of these characteristics, so I'm willing to sacrifice a few of them if there are other great qualities that make up for it. I'm pretty open to new ideas. Okay, I'm ready...