College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
I need some help from you guys to help me find the "perfect" college/university.
I'd like the college to have the following characteristics:
- An undergraduate student body size of 15,000 or more.
- The student body to be diverse (about 75% or less is white).
- The campus to have aesthetic beauty.
- The campus to be located in a city where the population is over 100,000 or so. I'm open to cities the size of Madison, WI to the size of Chicago, IL.
- Entering freshmen have an average ACT score of 25-30.
- The campus to have a "college town" feel. I definitely don't wanna go to a "suitcase" college where everybody leaves on the weekend.
- The student body to be friendly.
- The weather to be nice. I live in Ohio right now, so I'm used to hot summers and cold winters. All around nice temperatures would be nice, though.
- As I said before, I live in Ohio, but I'd like to go out-of-state.
- A large majority of the students live on campus and do not commute back and forth to school.
- At least 10-15% of the undergrads are out-of-state, even though 20-30% would be better.
- The student body to be more liberal than conservative.
- The college to have a strong science department. I'm unsure about my major right now, but I'm leaning towards biological sciences.
Got any suggestions? I know it's pretty much impossible for a college to have all of these characteristics, so I'm willing to sacrifice a few of them if there are other great qualities that make up for it. I'm pretty open to new ideas. Okay, I'm ready...