Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Writing a proper withdrawal from a college letter?

Empowered23Empowered23 Posts: 57Registered User Junior Member
Can anybody give me a template for a withdrawal from admission letter?

Also, what information should I disclose in the letter so they can ID my name and remove it from their records?

Should I phone in instead of a letter or should I do both?

I'm withdrawing from a BS/DO program (medicine) along with the school - meaning that is a joint program between a college and an actual medical school. Any special care I should take with that?

I also want to do this in a manner to minimize or eliminate any prejudice against my brother and cousins who may be applying to this program in the future.
Post edited by Empowered23 on

Replies to: Writing a proper withdrawal from a college letter?

• Empowered23Empowered23 Posts: 57Registered User Junior Member
    Bump. Can anybody please give me some advice? I don't want to delay it any longer.
  • ChedvaChedva Posts: 18,431Super Moderator Senior Member
    RE: My name & address
    My SSN
    Name of Program

Dear .....

I have been offered a place in your Class of XXX, which I accepted. Unfortunately, my circumstances have changed and I find I am no longer able to attend. I hereby withdraw from the Class of XXX.

Thank you for this opportunity and I regret any inconvenience this may cause.