Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Late application/deadline colleges?? Help!!!

thebigmanthebigman Posts: 14Registered User New Member
edited April 2010 in College Search & Selection
I'm a very competetive candidate
sats +2100
gpa ~4.0 at a competetive school
well-rounded
However, I got screwed by many of my colleges and am now wondering if i could sneak an application into some good liberal arts schools or universities..
please help if you can!!!
Post edited by thebigman on

Replies to: Late application/deadline colleges?? Help!!!

• ClassicRockerDadClassicRockerDad Posts: 4,144Registered User Senior Member
    Some notable LAC's that have taken late applications in the past few years are Gustavus Adolphus and College of Wooster. Look for the "list" in the first week of May.
  • thebigmanthebigman Posts: 14Registered User New Member
  • ClassicRockerDadClassicRockerDad Posts: 4,144Registered User Senior Member
    Notable on happymomof1's list with their USNews LAC rank and if they are in the Colleges that Change Lives Book (CTCL):

St. Olaf College (#49) (CTCL)
    Rhodes College (#54) (CTCL)
    Hendrix College (#80) (CTCL)
    Birmingham-Southern College (#92) (CTCL)
    Calvin College (#112)
    Wittenberg University (#118)
    Ripon College (#122)
    St. Johns College (Annapolis or Santa Fe) (#122) (CTCL), Great Books school

Other CTCL:

Eckerd College
    Emory & Henry College
    Hope College
    Lynchburg College

Rolling doesn't mean they are still open, it means they take applications until they are full. Call first.
  • rjpfl5rjpfl5 Posts: 189Registered User Junior Member
    My son had an interest in applying to a few schools after their admissions deadlines. I took his list of schools (about 10) and I called every admissions office. 2 of the 10 allowed him to apply after the deadline. The other 8 said tough luck. The 2 both told him that he would be put on the waiting list and considered if they allowed waitlist students in.

So, I would recommend making a list of colleges you want to attend and start working the phones calling them. You have good scores, so you may get lucky and find a good school that will consider you.
  • 000ace000000ace000 Posts: 511Registered User Member
    look at schools abroad that instruct in english.
    I know that the University of HongKong (ranked very highly) still takes in a more competitive "late application" for most of their faculties.