Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Unexpected incident on SAT test day

louisaamylouisaamy Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
edited October 7 in SAT Preparation
So this morning i took the SAT. While we were doing the section 3 (math no calculator), i opened the wrong page, which is section 4. I actually did that unintentionally because i still wrote in the answer sheet of section 3 and did not use the calculator. I thought was doing the section 3, i swear. But i got reported.
I know whether it is intentional or not, this is counted as cheating and my result will be cancelled. The problem is, i have my ed deadline on december, which means that it is impossible for me to retake the test. Also most of my targeted schools set deadline on january so yeah, i can't handle both the essay and the test in such a short time, it would be vvvvvv stressful. If i write an email to collegeboard to explain everything, will there be any chance for me to keep the result?
Thank you for reading!

Replies to: Unexpected incident on SAT test day