Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

GS Spring 2013 Applicants

Ditau25Ditau25 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
I know it's a bit early but I'm already working on my essay:) Anyone else?
Post edited by Ditau25 on

Replies to: GS Spring 2013 Applicants

• MuchDuaMuchDua Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    When does the Spring application start? Also busy working on my essay.
  • Ditau25Ditau25 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    I noticed the Spring 2013 has officially started. Any other Spring 2013 applicants?
  • dslau83dslau83 Posts: 36Registered User Junior Member
    I'm applying for the Spring '13 semester as well. I am almost done with my essay. There are a few frequent posters on here that have volunteered to take a look at other people's essays. I think I am going to ask one once it's complete.

Anyone current or potential GS students take the ACTs? What were your scores, if you don't mind posting publicly? My composite was 30, and I'm wondering where I stand.

-Daniel
  • N10974835N10974835 Posts: 16Registered User New Member
    I will be applying for this spring also.
    I am working on my essay right now, 2000 words aren't enough..
    Are there any accepted students willing to take a look at my essay and give me a critique. It has some personal information on there, but I have nothing to be ashamed of. I'm just looking for honesty.

Is the CUID required for the scholarship application issued after Part I of the application or after the entire application? It would make sense to send it after Part I considering the admission application and scholarship application are due on the same day.
    It's done. Part II of application has been turned in! The waiting begins. Any others?
  • Ditau25Ditau25 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    All the best dslau! I will be turning mine in after I take the GSAE. If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
    I went to University of Texas for a few years and did horrible due to personal problems and bad habits. I left to join the Army and have had an amazing career for five and a half years. Ranger, Airborne, Jumpmaster, Iraq, Afghanistan, the list goes on. I've taken online courses and have a 4.0 for 21 credits straight. I also took the ACT recently and have a composite score of 30. I'm really banking on my essay to get me in. It took me 3200 words to tell my story, which I hope won't count against me. What about you? Good luck =)
    Checking up on Spring '13 applicants. Anyone hear anything? Interview requests? Decisions?! I turned my application in late August with my last rec being submitted on Sep 18. I'm hoping to receive a decision by the first two weeks of October.
  • Hen123Hen123 Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    I applied early in september as well but have not heard anything back yet regarding interviews or anything. Lets keep each other updated!
    Same thing, I applied around 10 sept, but I haven't heard anything yet.
    Ugh I hate this waiting part.
  • Hen123Hen123 Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    I looked at the past Spring 2012 posts and people have been accepted at this time already and earlier =( this doesn't bode well!!!
    Well the first post I see of an acceptance from Spring '12 was on Oct 20, which is today... but today is Saturday so maybe they will start making phone calls on Monday. I've been checking my FA status on admissions.columbia.edu and still get the dreaded error message.
    well, I talked to them though email and they said to expect a mail decision by 15 Nov... so it should be soon .