Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

"Please tell us what you find most appealing about Columbia and why"

ra2000ara2000a Posts: 313Registered User Member
edited November 2005 in Columbia University
Most appealing - should i write only about one thing or just about all the things I like about Columbia. I feel like the wording is confusing or maybe i'm just reading it to many times.
Post edited by ra2000a on

Replies to: "Please tell us what you find most appealing about Columbia and why"

• kinchkinch Posts: 122Registered User Junior Member
    Don't say NYC.
  • ra2000ara2000a Posts: 313Registered User Member
    my question is ( i dont think i made it clear ), should i only write one thing since they ask for the "most appealing" or all the things i like about columbia.
  • theoneotheoneo Posts: 6,934Registered User Senior Member
    I don't think it matters.
  • imiracle911imiracle911 Posts: 3,309Registered User Senior Member
    you have limited space so develop on one thing rather than enumerating reasons.
  • nightflynightfly Posts: 132Registered User Junior Member
    The core curriculum is the defining feature of the college. Sharing this corpus of texts with all of one's classmates at this impressionable age makes for some very lively discussions and strong bonds among classmates. If this doesn't appeal to you then I would advise to look elsewhere.
  • imiracle911imiracle911 Posts: 3,309Registered User Senior Member
    the core curriculum did appeal to me BUT i don't think that why essay doesn't really stand out and so i wrote about sth more personal. If you have some other personal and creative things that appealed to u the n use that instea.d
  • cujoe169cujoe169 Posts: 3,318Registered User Senior Member
    EVERYONE WROTE ABOUT THE CORE CURRICULUM...

now if you wrote about the safety you feel because there's a gun within 100 meters of you at all time... that would stand out