Chance me ED?
1. Ethnicity & Gender: White male (First generation immigrant? Born in Ukraine.)
2. Income Bracket > 150k?
1. Unweighted GPA: 3.91 - 4.0 (Top 1% - Top 3%); 1 A-, 2 A+s, 1 B, and the rest are all As
2. PSAT: 207 & SAT: 2160 (750 M 720 W 690 CR) - Aiming for a 2200+ on my third try...
3. AP Tests: 5-US History; 5-English Lang
4. Subject Tests -Math L2 - 800; History - 740 (probably no re-take)
1. Tennis (JV - 2 years, Varsity - 2 years)
2. Soccer (JV - 3 years, Varsity - 1 year)
1. Vice President of UNICEF Club (2 years)
2. Peer Leader (2 years) (Help 10 freshmen in their first year of high school)
3. President/Co-Founder of PascackVolunteers (2 years) (A club/organization/liaison service my friend and I started at our school, which is the main conduit for all other volunteer clubs in the district, which covers two high schools. The principal loved our idea, which is the main reason why he decided to make it district-wide).
4. Application Administrator (2 years). I was part of a programming team that helped to design and program an iPhone application for our entire high school (available on the App Store). I now filter posts that are made to the application.
1. Investment Club (3 years)
2. Debate (All 4 years) (Undefeated JV season junior year; won 3rd place team award @ the last debate)
3. Math League (4 years) (Invited to dinner meet 2x; only top 10 people at the club)
4. Science League (2 years - As a freshman and sophomore) (Top 5 students in the grade); is this worth mentioning?
5. National Honors Society (2 years) (of course, lol)
6. Science National Honors Society (2 years); is this worth mentioning? Didn't do much here...
7. Habitat for Humanity; is this worth mentioning? Didn't do much here...
8. Environmental Club; is this worth mentioning? Didn't do much here...
*The science clubs have nothing to do with my intended major, so I'm not sure if I should mention them...?
Volunteering (kinda lacking here?):
1. 125+ volunteer hours at a local blood bank by the end of the summer (telerecruitment and data entry and canteen)
2. I'll obviously get a few hours from NHS and tutoring before I submit my application.
2. Own and manage an equity fund (with the supervision of my parents of course!).
3. Fluent Russian and conversational Spanish...
1. TENNIS TENNIS TENNIS ALL THE TIME!! 1-5/1-6/1-7 almost everyday during the summer. I am also proud to say I was a part of the best tennis team in school history this past season.
2. Intense soccer training
3. Moved up from CP Spanish to Honors Spanish
4. Learned Java and moved up to AP Java, skipping CP.
5. Shadowed + Interned for Ferrari North America (the lawyer there is a friend's dad).
6. IT administration at my mom's company: Hardesty & Hanover for 1 week...
7. Cultural/learning experience/vacation (lol not at all) in Russia for 2 weeks.
8. SAT prep (obviously won't put this on my application).
-Excellence in History - 9th Grade (Only one given out for the entire student body of 350+)
-Excellence in Foreign Language - 10th Grade (Only one given out for the entire student body of 350+)
-New Jersey Scholar's Program Nominee (Top 2 Students in the grade, based on GPA; kind of slid since then, have done badly in physics).
-Minor mathematics scholarship in 9th grade from Raytheon
Most rigorous curriculum senior year (probably will have to drop some classes unfortunately..):
-AP Spanish IV
-AP Java (Skipping CP Java; taking a summer course)
-AP Euro/World History (Whatever it will be called)