I'm considering applying ED to Columbia and I'd like to know my chances. I want to become a financial engineer so I'm applying as for ORFE or Financial Economics (I'll apply RD if I don't apply ED). If possible, I'd like to know my chances for each major separately.
I finished my senior year in HS and I'm taking a gap year this year. During my gap year, I'll be pursuing two internships, one in economics and one in finance. If you want more details on my plans for the year, I can send them to you by a PM.
Also, I won’t be posting my entire application on this thread. If you would like to chance me, please send me a PM so I can give you the rest of the information.
- SAT I: 2320
- SAT II: 800's on two tests, including Math II
- Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): Between 3.75 and 3.8 - My GPA really sucks, but I have a decent upward trend and a really rigorous course-load. In fact, my GPA is a 3.85 if you don't count freshman year.
- AP: Took 14 AP exams, none of which were self-studied (this should give you some idea of my course-load). I took 8 exams in junior year alone.
- Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): My school doesn't rank, but probably in top 10 to 15%
- Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): National Merit Finalist, US Physics Olympiad Semifinalist, many state-level awards in physics and econ
- Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): member of a few math and business clubs (with some leadership positions), national honor society, orchestra pit, organized a concert that raised over $9000 for charity.
- Job/Work Experience: I've had three internships so far in computer science and finance, and one of them was paid.
I’ll send details by PM of my EC’s, internships, summer activities, additional recs, and volunteer experience.
- Ethnicity: Asian
- Gender: M
- High School Type: Public