Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Waitlist at Columbia College

roblenroblen Posts: 4Registered User New Member
edited April 2009 in Columbia University
Does anyone know the number of students who remain on the short wait list at CC?
Post edited by roblen on

Replies to: Waitlist at Columbia College

• ShrafShraf Posts: 2,403Registered User Senior Member
    i wish i had the ability to delete stupid repetitive topics
  • karotkarot Posts: 1,200Registered User Senior Member
    I wish I had the ability to smite people who can't do work.
  • sesses Posts: 2,027Registered User Senior Member
    Probably less than 20. But none of them are getting off. Unless someone dies. Or goes to Princeton.
  • cayumiecayumie Posts: 51Registered User Junior Member
    Does the college notify all waitlisted students of their status or only those who are offered a place on the extended waitlist?
  • ClippernationClippernation Posts: 50Registered User Junior Member
    I was wondering how many people they left of the CC wait list as well.
    Less than 20? Did they except more students then they had spots for?
    If so, will anyone get off the waitlist even if someone decides not to go?
  • ClippernationClippernation Posts: 50Registered User Junior Member
    Are you on the wait list? If so do you know anyone else that is on it as well?
    a) I got in early. But I have a friend who is on the waitlist. Our college counselor basically told him that he's going to Skidmore and he should get used to it.
    b) They didn't overenroll, they just have a low acceptance rate and an OK yield. If last year they only took 6 kids, this year with a record low acceptance rate they're going to take even less.
    c) Less than 20 is an estimate. But I think that's what someone found out about the size of the extended SEAS waitlist.
    d) If someone they go to for the waitlist decides not to go, then theoretically someone could get off. But let's assume that the extended waitlist is created after the regular waitlist spots (if any) are offered.
    e)I know some SEAS kids were released from the waitlist but I don't know about CC.
  • ShrafShraf Posts: 2,403Registered User Senior Member
    alright so the less than 20 thing is def just a rumor that a certain person on this board started after annoying some work-study kid on the phone to the extent that he/she gave him a half assed answer to that question from which this person deduced that the number of ppl on the waitlist were "less than 20"
    I spoke to the Admissions office and I asked one of the guys how many kids are on the SEAS extended waitlist. He originally said no, but I could tell he was a work-study. So I said "So what then, Hundreds? Tens?" Afterward he said, "Yeeaaaaaaa less than that." So I would have to say the number is Probably 10, no higher than 20.
  • BboyTwizzyBboyTwizzy Posts: 208Registered User Junior Member
    Dude I called 2 minutes before I posted. It's not a rumor; if anything its the work-study guy's fault for confirming my question.
  • DenzeraDenzera Posts: 3,371Registered User Senior Member
    it's bad data that you're representing as good data, and you're simplifying his response and its context to make it seem like a fact. that's the essence of a rumor.

<harsh>Do the school a favor and become a better scientist (and more humble) before joining SEAS and influencing its reputation</harsh>
    D you know when you are out to hurt me it rarely ever works so you dont need the Ctrl-B :P. Even before I spoke to the guy I myself had guessed 20, which is a very fair guess. I would think someone else on this forum has called or will call if you REALLY don't believe me.</don't be lazy> If your advice were always right I would apparently not be in the same extended waitlist you were in a few years ago.
    Somebody's bitter because they're not getting off the waitlist....
    Na I'm actually content. I realize if i ever get off, I most likely wouldnt be able to convince my folks to pay 50 a year. The whole point is to show myself that I can accomplish something great. ...and then go to Rutgers :P.
    Na but foreal most of you who doubted me and I'm still here so chill out.
    Oh not you. I meant Denzera for her <harsh></harsh> comment.

I mean that was <lame>
  • DenzeraDenzera Posts: 3,371Registered User Senior Member
    maybe so, but i mean, i'd rather 'fess up upfront that i'm well aware i'm being a jerk. sometimes it's called for, that's all i'm saying.