Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Suspension Question

Vince5029Vince5029 Posts: 6Registered User New Member
In high school, I got suspended my sophomore year for 2 days for stealing. The situation was that I had went to my 1st period class one day to find a PSP under my desk. I pocketed it and took it to my next class, but I was called down to security and got a referral and suspension for taking it. The administrator said that since I was a nice kid, my suspension would be shortened from 5 to 2 days, and I asked my English teacher then (who was the admistrator's sister) about it. She said it would be fine as it was a minor problem and they don't show up on my transcript.
I am a senior now applying to 4 schools through CommonApp : Stanford, USC, Syracuse, and Lehigh University. I am not asking for opinions on my chances ; I would like to know whether or not if I should answer the disciplinary action question on the CommonApp. It does not show up on my transcript, and I have already applied to UC-Santa Barbara because it did not ask about it. I figured that the best option was to be honest, but sometimes, honesty is not the best policy.