Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Parts of the commonapp do not work and my deadline is in 10 days. Help!!!

bunkstar123bunkstar123 Posts: 23Registered User New Member
edited October 2013 in Common Application
So I had decided to give my TOEFL in September, and I filled it as 'future sitting' in the past. Now that I've gotten my scores, I decided to add those scores to the commonapp and when I click on continue, it leads to an error page. And then when I try to contact technical support, the page is also an error. Can I send them an email directly??? If yes, please give me the email, I'm really worried.
Post edited by bunkstar123 on

Replies to: Parts of the commonapp do not work and my deadline is in 10 days. Help!!!

• elainech2elainech2 Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    Yes, CommonApp Profile section didn't work tonight. I have been trying to update some data in Profile section, it always gave me error page after a minute or so. I even tried it at after mid-night in the Pacific Time Zone, still didn't work. Common App is so buggy and reliable! This situation will only get worse as more students are getting on to the system unless CommonApp fixes the bugs asap.
  • DragonqianDragonqian Posts: 75Registered User Junior Member
    I had the same problem as you. I tried to change my information but it always lead to an error page. I did manage to send an email to commonapp though. Just go to the help center and click "ask a question". And click on "I don't see my problem here" on second step. You should be able to send your question. What browser do you use?
  • gck777gck777 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    I have the same problem!!!!!! When this error will be fixed?
  • ezvcpgezvcpg Posts: 66Registered User Junior Member
    Demographics section of the Profile page didn't work for me either (it was inexplicably the only one I hadn't completed too...).
  • AliLee14AliLee14 Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    Gosh it's still not right... wth
  • Applicantfor2014Applicantfor2014 Posts: 21Registered User New Member
    I have problems updating my activities section too.
  • ebbratebbrat Posts: 20Registered User New Member
    Seems like when they fix one issue, 2 new ones crop up. Read the CA fb page on the most recent thread - appears this is a new issue within the past 12 hours and is not yet on the Known Issues page of CA fixes. I haven't let my son log in for weeks with all the mess for fear he'd get locked out because of password issues - but EA for Nov 1 is making us both feel panicky. Plan, ironically, was to revise information today (guess that isn't happening) and figure out how to get the essay in correctly with proper word count. Guess it's another down day, but the clock is ticking...
  • elainech2elainech2 Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    CommonApp's Profile section updating is finally back to work now! I tried it from 10:00pm until 2:00pm PST time, always got the same error message. Finally, now it is working at 12:00pm PST (maybe it started working earlier, but I didn't try until now). I worry that this situation may get worse as more and more students are going to work on the CommonApp and such problem may happen again. I will ask my daughter to submit the app for early a few days before the deadline to prepare for such software problem. Such performance problem of a software system is hard to fix at the last minute. I wonder why the news didn't have this news reported. CommonApp was not working properly last night for many hours! This is really scary situation. Millions of high school seniors will be affected this year! I can't imagine CommonApp could roll out such unreliable software without good testing.
  • jym626jym626 Posts: 34,156Registered User Senior Member
    Many schools are extending their EA deadlines due to the CA glitches. Email the schools directly and confirm their current deadline dates