Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Lying on Common App about Suspensions

CoolCalculatorCoolCalculator Posts: 246Registered User Junior Member
edited January 2009 in Common Application
I no someone who said they never had a suspension and detention when they had 4 suspensions and three detentions. Will colleges ever know?
Post edited by CoolCalculator on

Replies to: Lying on Common App about Suspensions

• geek_momgeek_mom Posts: 2,106Registered User Senior Member
    Yes, absolutely -- unless the high school counselor colludes with the student for some reason. That question appears on forms the counselor submits to each college (and without those forms, the application is incomplete and is not considered).

Best not to get in the middle of things, if that's what you had in mind. Your pal will get caught without any help from you.
  • pFNMCppFNMCp Posts: 793Registered User Member
    Why would they ask if you're just gonna lie? It would be a waste of a question
    Yeah, the reason they ask is to give the student a chance to explain any "extenuating circumstances." Even without considering the ethical side (which I think is pretty straightforward!), lying on that question is just dumb. It's so easily verifiable.
  • CoolCalculatorCoolCalculator Posts: 246Registered User Junior Member
    Ok, well I'm from sort of a poor school in the south and i dont know the quality of the schools records as these incidents occurred two years ago.
    Is there a reason you're taking such an interest in this other student's applications and disciplinary status?
  • kayfkayf Posts: 4,161Registered User Senior Member
    Suspensions, yes reported.

Detentions -- i dont think so
  • CoolCalculatorCoolCalculator Posts: 246Registered User Junior Member
    well i just found out she got into two colleges...