Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

National Honor Society- level of recognition?

abcderinkayabcderinkay Posts: 189Registered User Junior Member
edited December 2009 in Common Application
In the "Awards and Honors" section of the Common App, I have listed both National Honor Society and French National Honor Society. For the level of recognition, should I check "school" or "national?"

THanks!
Post edited by abcderinkay on

Replies to: National Honor Society- level of recognition?

• christiansoldierchristiansoldier Posts: 1,342Registered User Senior Member
    Technically it's school, but I don't think you'll get dinged for calling it "national." Really, it doesn't matter. Schools know exactly what you mean when you're talking about those sorts of societies.
  • caltennis92caltennis92 Posts: 246Registered User Junior Member
    I wasn't sure so I put both school and national...
  • EnglishsproutEnglishsprout Posts: 46Registered User Junior Member
    I would say its national, as the name suggests it, and it literally is a nationally recognized organization. did everybody put this under the "honors" though? I was thinking of putting mine in "activities" as NHS is more towards community service rather than academics.
  • x.wondergirlx.wondergirl Posts: 24Registered User New Member
    National Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, AP Scholar with Distinction

^Aren't these considered international too? I go to an international school in China, but I have these honors/distinctions listed as well.