Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Second AA?

papertiger87papertiger87 Posts: 681Registered User Member
edited November 2012 in Community Colleges
I got my AA in Liberal Arts in May if this year and am currently completing my BA in History. I will be graduating in early August (2013).
I was wondering is it possible to go back to CC and get a second AA in a complexity different field (Sciences/Medical) and transfer to a University and then get a second degree? Do you universities accept this and allow me to pursue a second degree and my transfer credit from second AA.
How would getting a second AA work out and will it be a problem to do?

Sent from my iPhone using CC
Post edited by papertiger87 on

Replies to: Second AA?

• papertiger87papertiger87 Posts: 681Registered User Member
    Edit: *of / *completely

• papertiger87papertiger87 Posts: 681Registered User Member
    I'll answer my own question in case someone has a similar question in the future.
    I called up and yes you can get a second AA and continue on and transfer to earn your second Bachelor's.

• happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 21,624Registered User Senior Member
    But you won't be eligible for any aid other than unsubsidized federal loans for that AA after a bachelors degree or for a second bachelors. If you know noe that you want the other bachelors degree, stop what you are doing, pick up the pre-reqs for the other major, and then go to the 4-year school and do a double major if you still care about English.
  • happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 21,624Registered User Senior Member
    Whoops, that should read "history".