Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

Sad News for CC Community: fallenchemist

Replies to: Sad News for CC Community: fallenchemist

• JpgranierJpgranier Registered User Posts: 1,212 Senior Member
    Very sad:( I didn't know him well, but I would PM him time to time asking a question and I would always receive a very fast, informative reply.

I just said a prayer for him and his family and I hope y'all do too.
  • DABTFLDABTFL Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Oh No! Such sad news. A wonderful person and so knowledgeable. He will be truly missed by everyone. Prayers to his family and friends.
  • gandalf78gandalf78 Registered User Posts: 1,124 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    "Good night . . . and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."

Thank you for all your patient, sage, and kindly advice about Tulane, and for the sharing your knowledge and passion about Tulane. You will be missed.
  • OnwardOnward Registered User Posts: 2,757 Senior Member
    He will be missed...
  • msteemstee Registered User Posts: 3,131 Senior Member
    I'm so sorry and rather shocked to check in and read this sad news. I read many of his detailed and helpful posts last year as my daughter was applying to colleges, including Tulane. It is indeed quite a loss. Condolences to the family.
  • newjerseygirl98newjerseygirl98 Registered User Posts: 2,113 Senior Member
    That's so sad! I always wondered how he managed to post so much; he was very dedicated!

RIP and God bless.
  • kencc83kencc83 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this... fallenchemist was such a valuable resource here, and so balanced and thoughtful in his responses. My younger daughter is now a sophomore at Tulane, and many of David's posts and thoughts were valuable in making that decision. He told it straight too.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. David, rest in peace.

Ken
  • collegeandicollegeandi Registered User Posts: 154 Junior Member
    Indeed, it is a very sad news. My condolences to his family and friends. I have learned a lot from his insightful posts here on CC.
  • winnvanmeterwinnvanmeter Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    Fallenchemist's sad passing comes as a shock.
    My deepest condolences to David's family and to the Tulane community. I hope they may take some measure of comfort in the outpouring of comments here. They speak volumes about his impact and generosity - and that of the CC community.
  • ShrimpBurritoShrimpBurrito Registered User Posts: 718 Member
    Oh no. I am so very sad to hear this. I PMed with David frequently, and he was unfailingly helpful and kind. As much as he will be missed here, I can only imagine how much those who loved him in real life are grieving.
  • LucieTheLakieLucieTheLakie Registered User Posts: 3,746 Senior Member
    This is such devastating news. My heart breaks for his children, Tulane, and the extended CC community.

He will be greatly missed. :(
  • LeftofPisaLeftofPisa Registered User Posts: 1,050 Senior Member
    I am so sorry. He was clearly a thoughtful person and will be terribly missed. Peace to his family and friends.
  • GoldenRockGoldenRock Registered User Posts: 881 Member
    I had few interactions with him regarding Tulane last year. He was great in sharing knowledge and guiding students and parents. Definitely CC forum will miss him. My condolences to his family and friends.
  • mom4bwayboymom4bwayboy Registered User Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    Even in the Never Never Land of Musical Theater Major world he was a reasonable, helpful voice for so many. He si missed. Prayers for his loved ones.