Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

International Student: Gap Year vs. Community College

BoorsokBoorsok Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello everyone,
I was born and raised outside of United States.
But I am planning to study game design/computer science in US. Is it possible to transfer to a good university with fin aid available for international students after community college? Or it is better to take a gap year and prepare better for SAT, essays and expand list of my extracurriculars?

Replies to: International Student: Gap Year vs. Community College

  • katliamomkatliamom Registered User Posts: 10,519 Senior Member
    If you need financial aid, you should not pursue the community college route: there is almost no financial aid for international transfer students. Your odds are better (though still not good) if you are applying to a four-year school as an incoming freshman.
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 28,894 Senior Member
    There's no financial aid for international transfer students. You're better off taking a gap year.
Sign In or Register to comment.