Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

What Is This New Accepted Notification?

intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 28,837 Senior Member
edited October 6 in Community & Forum Issues
I was notified via email that my answer was "accepted" by the person who opened a thread I had posted in. I see someone has found my post helpful (can't tell who on the mobile app -- another future enhancement that would be great :) ). Does "accepted" mean the OP found it helpful? Can you tell us the rules & meaning of this new status?

It also gave my little globe at the bottom of my screen (notifications) a 1, and when I clicked it was listed ths my answer had been accepted. BUT, when I clicked on the thread link on that item, it didn't work (didn't take me to the thread). Other notification lists on the list still click through to the thread. @CCadmin_Sorin

Replies to: What Is This New Accepted Notification?

• thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,120 Senior Member
    I got that too...from a new poster. I wondered the same thing...it came up in notifications. Really...what's that all about??
  • MaineLonghornMaineLonghorn Super Moderator Posts: 31,004 Super Moderator
    Has to do with the new FAQ forum. Now any thread with a question in the title is classified as a "Q&A" thread, automatically. Moderators can change the thread back to "Discussion" and the notifications will go away. Hoping this will be changed soon!!
  • intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 28,837 Senior Member
    Sounds like a lot of work for the mods, hope they fix it soon. :) Thanks for the info.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,120 Senior Member
    edited October 9
    I checked my preferences notifications...and I do NOT have email checked as a notification preference for ANYTHING. Or a pop up.

I am tired of getting these email notifications...and I do NOT want them...at all.

All it is going to do is get folks like me to stop answering ANY post with a question in the title. I do NOT want email notifications that folks have read or whatever my response.

Please get this added to your preferences list so I can decline this option...ASAP.

I'll bet I'm not the only one!!

@CCadmin_Sorin
  • LindagafLindagaf Registered User Posts: 6,782 Senior Member
    I agree that this new "Best Answer" feature is annoying. It's not a competition, and it ruins the flow of the discussion and/or makes for a confusing and disjointed thread. Virtually EVERY post on CC asks a question.