Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Appeal letter

spsousaspsousa Posts: 1Registered User New Member
Hey guys can you help me with my collge appeal?

Here is my appeal, I was denied because I am non-local applicant. However I need to be go here bcause I do not have that many options

I am writing this appeal because I believe I should be reconsidered for admission to SJSU. My situation is unlike most students and I do not have that many options. After growing up and graduating from high school in San Jose, I left to attend Cal Poly in pursuit of a degree. However while at cal poly misfortune struck and my mom started to get sick. My first reaction was to move back home and be with her, however my mom would not allow it. Like every mother she wanted what was best for me and she did not want to be the reason I left college. It was very difficult to deal with, because I was seven hours away and could not go home to see my mom. As much as I wanted to stay at cal poly, my heart was with my mom and being at home. So last year after finishing up my fall quarter I decided to move back home. I enrolled in a local community this spring semester with the intent to transfer to SJSU in the fall. Since I was set on coming here in the fall, I took an extra step and also enrolled in a couple classes at SJSU through Open University for my major. However now I am stuck between a rock and a hard path. I want to continue to pursue my bachelor’s degree but I want to be home. I am very driven and am on the right path to receiving my degree and the only thing that is preventing me is my acceptance here. By the end of this semester I will have about 80 semester units and I am running out of classes to take at my community college. If I am reconsidered admission here I will continue being a successful student. Moving back home has made me see how important my future and getting a degree is. Taking classes here through OU I have fallen in love with this campus and I have received so much help from everyone that I now I wished I came here from the start. The last few years of my life have been a very eye opening experience. I have learned and realized that I cannot take my life or education for granted. I never thought I would be in this situation but I believe that there is a reason for everything. I do not know what my future holds but I hope in the future I can proudly say I am a graduate of SJSU. Thank you for your time and re-considering my application.