Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

computer help for daughter

usafa2011dadusafa2011dad Posts: 542Registered User Member
edited October 2010 in Cornell University
My Ds computer has failed. Wondering if there are any students on here that might be able to help her recover a file from her backup drive.

I already talked to CIT and they were pretty much worthless. They said they don't do that kind of stuff there. Not sure exactly what they do then, but anyway.

I'm going to send her a new computer today, but she has a paper due on Thursday and she thinks it "might" be on her backup drive. So I'm looking for someone that knows a little about recovering files from windows backup using windows 7 and can help her transfer it to her thumb drive, provided it is there.

I should be able to recover the rest of her stuff from her HDD when I come up for parents weekend.

anybody that might be able to help, please send me a private message.

As a last resort, I am sure I can probably send her over to best buy, but I don't put a lot of faith in them and she doesn't have a car, so that eats up a lot of her time, which she doesn't have a lot of.

Thanks
Post edited by usafa2011dad on

Replies to: computer help for daughter