Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Hell Week

misterpresidentmisterpresident Posts: 248Registered User Junior Member
edited May 2011 in Cornell University
How are you guys doing?
Post edited by misterpresident on

Replies to: Hell Week

• ansaransar Posts: 2,071Registered User Senior Member
    Coffee has lost effect
  • misterpresidentmisterpresident Posts: 248Registered User Junior Member
    118 views 1 response. Guess people are too busy to reply. LOL!!!
  • TskDbxTskDbx Posts: 371Registered User Member
    I'll get back to you in a week..
  • yellowsnowmanyellowsnowman Posts: 226Registered User Junior Member
    This week was fun lol. 7 APs in 4 days. Expected results: 6 5s and 1 4.
  • theColorRedtheColorRed Posts: 128Registered User Junior Member
    i had 5 AP tests and i am absolutely burnt out. i freaking had to go to a freaking fair like 20 minutes away to take my ap physics test. i had to leave in the middle of a class to rush down there. let's see, got out of class at 11:15, got there at like 12:00, then had to wait till like 1:00 before the test starts, and then the test doesn't end until literally 4:40. then had to deal with traffic. absolutely horrible. friend said it was the worst day ever. grateful to a friend for driving me there. just had another ap test today. ended at 3:30, sigh. school ended an hour before. i hate afternoon AP tests. then i did some "parkour" and here i am. i fully expect to fail every single one of these AP tests. i only took them because my mom made me. i cbf to study. but i don't care. i'm glad it's finally over. =)

7 sounds brutal. i'd rather take 7 AP tests in 4 days than spread out over 14 days though; best to just get them over with
  • AnbuItachiAnbuItachi Posts: 1,345Registered User Senior Member
    2 down 1 to go!! with finals
  • faustarpfaustarp Posts: 1,532Registered User Senior Member
    haha, I didn't want to post here yesterday because it was so late.....but it's late again today. I'm all done with half my classes, but still got a substantial amount ahead of me for the ones yet to go. I feel good about it, though.
    I have been exploring some library spaces I haven't studied in before, since a lot of my favorite spots appear to be quite popular and often occupied. it's been entertaining. (it's kind of sad that I'm even saying that, but I guess it's great that Cornell has nice libraries?)
  • norcalguynorcalguy Posts: 7,541Registered User Senior Member
    Hell week? Try hell month. 4AM to 7:30 PM at the hospital for the last 7 weeks along with having to come in at least 1 weekend day per week. Last week, one of the other med students didn't show up, so I had to come in both weekend days despite the fact it was my birthday and I was sick. After 12 straight days at work, I finally got a day off. I've pretty much broken the 80-hour/wk work law every single week and infected two members of my medical team.
  • misterpresidentmisterpresident Posts: 248Registered User Junior Member
    ^Is this at Weill @ NYC?
  • norcalguynorcalguy Posts: 7,541Registered User Senior Member
    Nope, another med school. I won't be going into surgery so I might as well get the most out of my surgery rotation.

My daily schedule for the last 7 weeks:

3AM: wake up, get ready for work
    4AM: show up at the hospital, talk to the overnight nurses about anything that went on overnight with my patients
    5AM: wake up my sleepy and annoyed patients so I can do a physical exam on them
    6AM: round on all the patients with my resident and come up with the day's plans for each patient
    7AM: write as many progress notes as possible
    7:30 AM to 5PM: surgeries all day while keeping an eye on the floor patients
    5PM: post-op checks, evening rounds
    7:30PM: sign out to the overnight team
    7:30PM - 10 PM: dinner, studying (gotta find the time to read 3 textbooks within 12 weeks), prepare for the next day's surgeries so when the attending pimps me in front of everyone I won't look like a dumbass
    10PM-3AM: sleep
    3AM: repeat
  • gomestargomestar Posts: 4,699Registered User Senior Member
    i took a vacation this past week. Hell of a lot of wine consumed.