Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

can I still appeal the financial aid decision after submiting the $400 deposit?

youngGbuhsutyoungGbuhsut Posts: 8Registered User New Member
edited March 2006 in Cornell University
can I still appeal the financial aid decision after submiting the $400 deposit???
Post edited by youngGbuhsut on

Replies to: can I still appeal the financial aid decision after submiting the $400 deposit?

• sparticus800sparticus800 Posts: 4,092Registered User Senior Member
    sure...no garuntees as to your success though ;) they're not going to take it away from you...you can't do any harm by asking for more. In fact, I know you can ask, because I know a friend on partial FA who got a single after she requested a double, and they increased her FA when she asked about it. Plus she got to keep the single! haha
  • bubblesbubbles Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    I'm pretty sure you can. I don't think its set in stone. I argued with Cornell for a week or two about my financial aid, and after all that yelling, they lowered it, so definitely call them up. It also helps if you have a financial aid offer from another Ivy League (tho u probably dont if you applied ED)
  • ceruleanyankeeceruleanyankee Posts: 176Registered User Junior Member
    You could try. I didn't appeal the whole thing, but I argued with additional information, and they moved some loans around to make it work. Just go in with definitive reasons for why you want to appeal, and they'll be more sympathetic/easier to work with.