Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Spring 2013 Transfer Thread

Replies to: Spring 2013 Transfer Thread

• aigiqinfaigiqinf Registered User Posts: 4,032 Senior Member
    I assume not; it's only November 1st. It'll be interesting to see when the first decisions start coming out.
  • tungtiedtungtied Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    Chris, how did your interview go yesterday?
  • xtarionxtarion Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    Did anyone complete the financial aid requirements or is that for after we get accepted.
  • tungtiedtungtied Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    xtarion, financial aid requirements were due at the same time as the initial application.
  • heyarnoldheyarnold Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    I read in a thread from past years that if your materials were not turned in by the deadline, it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Since both of these departments are separate from each other. It doesn't make sense for them to reject you just because you didn't turn in your financial materials. I also don't think it hinders your chances of receiving aid. In the past people turned in their materials after they were accepted.
    thanks, I thought the financial application was to be filled out once the person was accepted. I just finish completing the CSS form, i will call them tomorrow and used the hurricane as an excuse. maybe they will give me a week or two.
  • bellacosebellacose Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    I just got off the phone with somebody in admissions at Arts and Sciences. She told me that decisions for Arts and Sciences will start being communicated on Nov 14th on a rolling basis. She also said that the vast majority of decisions should be sent out before the end of November.
  • thefuture101thefuture101 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    What about CALS???
  • YIFCIMSYIFCIMS Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Hope the decisions come soon!
  • LoneStar20LoneStar20 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    @bellacose did you apply to CAS? What was your GPA/Major
  • bellacosebellacose Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
    @Lonestar

Yes, I applied to CAS as a Philosophy major (I intend on attending law school after undergrad). My GPA is 3.93 with 65 hours at a community college (including one semester where I took 24 hours). However, this is with two retakes from my first semester (I originally received C's; I retook them and received A's).

I think my EC's are pretty good. I started an aquarium maintenance company (I install large aquariums in hospitals, offices, and residences) my junior year if high school. I established a coral aquaculture operation that later partnered with a mariculture effort in the Marshall Islands. I've worked as an aquarist at my local public aquarium since my senior year. I'm an advanced open water certified scuba diver with over 100 dives on 3 continents logged. I feel like these unique EC's might be what sets me apart. I started both the philosophy club and the pre-law club at my community college. Deans list, national honor society... All the usuall stuff.

My essays were pretty good, very specific. But I'm sure everybody thinks that.

My two letters of rec were very good and personal.

I had a past professor (he is head of his department) fill out my college official report, so it was also very personal.

My HS stats are pretty average. 3.6 gpa, no test scores.
    To all those who are cocern about the financial stuff, I called today and they said we can still summit any of financial aid documents even after the deadline.
  • heyarnoldheyarnold Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Thank you for verifying!
  • hunchbackhunchback Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello all
    So I went to Cals admissions last week and they said CALS will probably send out the results in the next 10 days (first 2 weeks of November). I just saw some people were really anxious, so I wanted to confirm this.
    Starting Monday, you can expect a mail in your mail box, or an email in your inbox! It really varies from individual to individual
    Anyone else applying to CALS?
  • thefuture101thefuture101 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    Also applying to CALS...good to know @hunchback
This discussion has been closed.