Chance me at CALS Please?
I just want to know if my stats will get me in the door. I'm not too worried about the essays at this point.
- Ohio student (don't know if that's a plus)
- GPA- 3.8 UW, 4.12 weighted
- ACT- 31 (34 English, 29 Math, 31 Reading, 29 Science)
- Didn't take SAT or Subject Tests (CALS doesn't require the latter)
- Heavily involved in music. Lead/principal (whatever you want to call it) trumpet of my school's marching, concert, and jazz bands. I've been inducted into the Northeast Ohio Honors Band and the world renowned Cleveland Youth Wind Symphony. My story of how I got into playing is compelling, as is (in my opinion) seen in my essays. I think this is my "hook," if that's what it's called; I think I was told on their tour that they're always looking for more instrumentalists.
- Other general high school-y stuff: I founded the Middle Eastern Political Awareness Club, am editor of the school's newspaper, have done research at Cleveland Clinic Biomedical Engineering, and play varsity baseball.
Thanks to all those who answer.