Chance me for CAS, Applying ED
Hey guys, I am going to be a senior next year and I wanted to know what my chances are at these colleges
I am a Hispanic Male, I live in Southern Texas, and I attend a large public school (3000+ students). I plan to major in Physics and Minor in Mathematics.
- 5.3 weighted GPA (rank 23 out of 741)
- 3.9 UW
- 31 (34 Math, 31 Science, 27 Reading, 32 English)
- 780 Physics
- 780 Math Level II
- 750 Chem
- 3 on World History
- 3 on US History
- 4 on Physics C Mechanics (Self Taught)
- 4 on Physics B
- 4 on Language and Composition
- 4 on Chemistry
(taking 4 more my senior year: Calc AB/BC, Environmental, English Lit, Music Theory)
- 2 years on Varsity Cross Country (Captain) (Regional Qualifier)
- 2 years on Varsity Tack and Field
- After realizing there are little to no science clubs at my high school, I started the Astrophysics club to bring science to my peers. I also started a Math Honor Society so we can learn past the typical AP Cal BC material. With these two clubs, I have taught Differential Equations to upper level math students and I have organized stargazing nights along with water bottle rocket competitions. These two clubs have helped popularize Science and Math at my school. (President)
- President of Environmental Club (I have organized public clean-ups and have accumulated 500+ hours with the club)
- A member of NYLSC (I was invited to the presidential inauguration for outstanding leadership in the NYLSC)
-Member of NHS
-Member of Masterminds Team
- I volunteer in the summer for Mission Service Projects for lower class families
- Currently employed as a Math tutor at Mathnasium
- I helped start the first Physics C curriculum at my high school
As far as Cornell is concerned, I have visited and have had a talk with one of the Physics Professors. I sat in on his Class and we discussed why I want to go there and such. He was really pleased and hopefully he can put a good word in.
Also, if you guys have any suggestions on how I can improve my chances at any schools, please give me some insight on that too!
Thanks in advance!