Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Question on TOEFL waiver

limz10limz10 Posts: 22Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in Cornell University
Hey everybody. My TOEFL score is 107, with a speaking sub-score of 23... didn't do well on the test day.

I scored 690 on SAT CR, so my TOEFL is automatically waived according to the website.

How do I receive a TOEFL waiver? | Admissions

Well, my question is will sending my TOEFL score help my application, or is it totally useless becuz it was waived in my case?

Thank you for your help!
Post edited by limz10 on

Replies to: Question on TOEFL waiver

• faustarpfaustarp Posts: 1,532Registered User Senior Member
    I would not send it, because it seems like it's totally waived, and you said you don't seem to think your performance is representative of your abilities.
  • limz10limz10 Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    ^Thank you faustarp

Well is sending it totally useless then? I am sort of nervous on this...
    I have looked at this further, and I changed my recommendation. definitely send it. on this page: http://admissions.cornell.edu/apply/international-students

it says "TOEFL and IELTS Requirements
    International freshman and transfer applicants for whom English is not the first language must submit a TOEFL or IELTS score."

So send it for that reason. They will not look at it at all and it will not affect your application at all.
  • limz10limz10 Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    Well... anyway, I'll send it.

Thanks a lot!
    good, that is definitely for the best. I'm sorry for steering you wrong at first. good luck!
  • LelykeLelyke Posts: 583Registered User Member
    Yeah they waived mine as well but I think they used my SAT writing which is weird because I thought Cornell doesn't look at that. I got a 107 in TOEFL as well speaking was by far my lowest with a 22. :( Well I didn't get up to a 670 on CR but I got a 730 in WR and it was waived. I'm not submitting it because that will just be a waste of money. I mean it's waived right?