Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use the following form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CCSearchSurvey

***Official Cornell Class of 2016 Spring Transfer Thread

Replies to: ***Official Cornell Class of 2016 Spring Transfer Thread

• RedBear2016RedBear2016 Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    This wait is killing me. I literally think about my Cornell app like all day every day O_O. I want to go there so bad
    What do you guys think is your greatest strength/thing you are most worried about on your app?
  • HotelieeeeeeHotelieeeeee Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    Not yet!
    @RedBear2016 Which school did you apply?
    @RedBear2016 I see! You are from U of O! I lived in Eugene before!
    So how many people are applying this spring? There are not a lot of people here compared to last year's thread.
  • ronniec95ronniec95 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    @Hotelieeeeee The program is definitely great. I think the school in general didn't quite fit me in terms of what I was looking for in a college.

And I think decisions are going to start coming out after next week!!
    @ronniec95 I see! I hope both of us will get in! I am so nervous
  • TheManTheMythTheManTheMyth Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't wanna be one of those people that write 5 page essays about their stats so ill try and keep it short and simple........Do I have a chance?

Highschool stat: GPA 3.3
    there were 5 intramural sports i participated in all year round, i was the captain for all of them.

I was on the roller hockey team

I worked at a movie theater throughout highschool, and volunteered at a childrens learning center.

---However, i am transferring in the spring 2016 semester of my sophomore year in college so i don't know how much weight Cornell will put on my high school stats.

College Stat: GPA 3.75

I am on the men's basketball team at my college. (we are D2) Also, I am hoping they take into account how much i practice, and my GPA. Even though i am not going to be playing for Cornell, i hope they see a student-athlete with a high GPA as a big plus.

I am going to be working at a Marriot for about six months before i apply.

My dad is a Hotelie. Also, i worked at my dads hotel when he owned one.

I am in my fall semester of my freshman year. I go to a small liberal arts school in Alabama.( i am asking this question because i dont wanna get my hopes just to be rejected lol)
  • TheManTheMythTheManTheMyth Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Oh, and I am applying to the School of Hotel Administration.
  • nighthawk4nighthawk4 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    Good luck to all of you! I'm applying for Fall 2016. Excited to see what's in store for you all.
  • ronniec95ronniec95 Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    I hope we both get in too!! :) Keep me updated @Hotelieeeeee
    Yes, I'm from UO, and I'm applying to Cornell's ILR school. That's cool that you lived in Eugene! I usually don't see anybody from Oregon on these.
  • schaudhaschaudha Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Hello everyone! I applied as well, but for CS in Cornell's CAS school. Looking forward to the result. Anyone else applying to CAS? Does anyone know how good is the acceptance rate for CAS?
  • CaintpauCaintpau Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
    edited November 2015
    @RedBear2016 My standardized test scores. I know transfer admissions don't pay much attention to highschool records, but they still aren't where I would like them to be. I think my strengths are my GPA and extra-curriculars.

P.S. - Your extracurriculars and GPA are amazing RedBear!