Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Cornell Class of 2020 Guaranteed Transfer Discussion Thread

Replies to: Cornell Class of 2020 Guaranteed Transfer Discussion Thread

• igaspardigaspard Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    @jacbellini im I'm the same boat I got nothing, but was expecting at least like $1000 or less. My parents make too much for need based but we're from New York I feel like financial aid doesn't take cost of living in diff places into consideration
  • nomnomsjnomnomsj Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    When do have to send in our final transcript by?
  • aihcxxaihcxx Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    @nomnomsj ASAP once your final grades are recorded on it. For me that was a week ago, for you it might not be for another few weeks. I think the hard deadline is August 1st.
  • redbluegreen19redbluegreen19 Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    Just got in! How long is it taking for everyone's financial aid
  • igaspardigaspard Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    what would happen if i got a B- after all this (like i've paid the deposit and I've been accepted), but after an essay and final for one class I'm not sure what kind of grade I'll get.
  • ccollege2020ccollege2020 Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    Has anyone who hasn't met the gpa requirement for ILR heard back yet?
  • redbluegreen19redbluegreen19 Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    Hey so i submitted my deposit with my applicant id and then accessed my net id but when i go on my checklist for my net id it says that my deposit is not submitted and it wont let me sign back into my applicant id
  • 3rdsontocollege3rdsontocollege Registered User Posts: 164 Junior Member
    @igaspard you will be fine. You are already accepted. Congratulations
  • PugslifePugslife Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    I know it's been over a year for everyone since your TO but by chance does anyone remember if you had to submit your senior year grades to Cornell before your freshmen year started? I am a current senior with the TO and wanted to make sure. Thank you and congrats!
  • jacbellinijacbellini Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    Over a month without financial aid. I've called ten times in the past month but every time I call there's a new form I didn't fill out. It's making me crazy because my parents won't give me a definitive answer until I figure this out.
    @Pugslife Nope- you send your final high school transcript when you submit the TO application that will be sent to you during your freshman year.
  • PugslifePugslife Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    @aihcxx Thank you for the reply!
  • cricketfancricketfan Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    @aihcxx - Did YOU send the HS transcript to them or did you have your HS consular do it with the TO application?OR did you have your freshman year college send your HS transcript (since they must have the 'official' copy)?
    @cricketfan I dropped by my high school over holiday break and picked up a couple stamped and sealed copies of my final transcript. One went to Cornell, the others went to to other schools, and when I needed more and didn't want to go back to physically pick them up, I was able to email my HS guidance counselor and have him send more copies electronically. You should be able to do it electronically or in a sealed envelope from your HS. Your college will not send your high school transcript, the "official copy" must come from the issuing institution, in this case your high school.
  • nomnomsjnomnomsj Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    Is anyone still waiting on FA packages? I heard Cornell was super slow with FA, but my decision on whether or not to attend kinda hinges on how much money I get and my 30 days to submit my deposit is almost up...