Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

Cornell Class of 2020 Guaranteed Transfer Discussion Thread

1293031323335»

Replies to: Cornell Class of 2020 Guaranteed Transfer Discussion Thread

• jacbellinijacbellini Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    @nomnomsj I'm still waiting but unfortunately had to submit my deposit because my 30 days was up so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get anything.
  • PugslifePugslife Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    I'm a 2021 transfer; I have not fulfilled any AP English credits. Did you all take a full year of writing (six credits) or just a semester earning three?
  • igaspardigaspard Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    there's no accepted students thing for transfers on campus right?
  • cricketfancricketfan Registered User Posts: 102 Junior Member
    @aihcxx, @igaspard, @jacbellini - What is the information that you guys have received about housing selection?
    I actually visited Cornell last week. It is sooooo beautiful out there. Even the tread from North Campus housing did not seem tedious but I'm sure those who have to do it everyday might not be so enthusiastic :-)
    The Sophomore and Higher classes get the option of West Campus housing which is newer and I think closer than North Campus.
    How are you guys going about it?
  • igaspardigaspard Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    @cricketfan i applied as soon as i could and put west campus as my first choice. i've gotten a few messages from people asking about roommates but that's all i've heard. the website says we find out mid/end of june
  • sat2400plzsat2400plz Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    @MachuPichu Hi! I'm a 2021 transfer for Human Ecology, and I will also be attending Carnegie Mellon University this fall! As I was making my course selections, I realized that all classes offered at CMU are only semester long? How did you plan out your schedule to meet the course criteria for Cornell? especially with the science and english yearlong requirements?
  • PugslifePugslife Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    @ccollege2020 Did you finally get accepted to Cornell?