Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Cornell Fall 2017 Transfer

Replies to: Cornell Fall 2017 Transfer

• sunxesunxe Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Why still no decision ???
  • Johnx014Johnx014 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm a CAS Philosophy applicant. I'll be finding out tomorrow. I called to see if they would tell me now, but they said they'll be sending emails tomorrow. Is the time they release decisions EST, or is it your local time?
  • HopefulCollege95HopefulCollege95 Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    @Johnx014

I believe they send out admissions decisions at 10 AM EST.
  • VictorsVictors Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I was accepted into the school of Hotel Administration :)>-
    I'm surprised but happy. Yayy!!!
  • gra451gra451 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    congrats!! do you mind sharing your hospitality interest/and or work experience?
  • VictorsVictors Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 15
    @gra451 Living in NYC has been very beneficial for my resume (because there are so many hotels). During HS I participated in a program that took students to various hotels around NY so I literally shadowed at 10 hotels. Then I worked under the general manager of Double Tree Suites by Hilton. And I worked with someone from the Westin. I ended up using those references to write letters of reccomendation (which I truly believe was very influential). Oh yeah, I also knew the assistant admissions officer personally. We had been exchanging emails for quite some time and when she came to Manhattan we met up. She really helped me throughout the process. And as for passion/interest, that really showed through my writing pieces (which were really strong. I had multiple qualified people read it) and my extra curricular activities. I took a culinary course the summer before I applied. I know it's a lot but I hope this helps you in your own journey :)
  • trynamakecollegetrynamakecollege Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    Hi, does anyone have any information regarding the waitlist? Thanks!
  • OhrightrightOhrightright Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    When I called last week they said no one had been admitted from the waitlist yet. This was the CALS admissions office. I did have a lady from financial aid email me for documents though.
  • teaxcupcakesteaxcupcakes Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    I called tuesday to ask about the waitlist decisions because I was told by CALS that they have made final decisions for waitlist on monday..she told me it was unlikely that anyone got admitted for biological sciences :( so I guess thats that
  • IshouldliveinsltIshouldliveinslt Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    @teaxcupcakes I'm confused, did they tell you that the waitlist will be closed on this coming Monday (6/19), or when you first called them after being waitlisted they said it would be finalized by last Monday? I called them on 6/1, and they told me that the waitlist would be finalized within two weeks, and they would email us on a Monday, but that has clearly not happened yet.
    @Ishouldliveinslt so I asked the lady when waitlist decisions would be decided and I called her on monday june 12th. she told me that the CALS admissions team will be finalizing the waitlist decisions by the end of that day. I dont think that means the waitlist is "closed", more like they made decisions on the ones that have been waitlisted so far. so then i called the next day and asked about decisions and she asked me what major i was and told me that its unlikley they admitted anyone in for that major but final official decisions will be sent next monday or tuesday. So i guess we will know by next week!
    I hope I didnt confuse you there hahaha let me know^
  • IshouldliveinsltIshouldliveinslt Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    @teaxcupcakes ohh okay, I see. Thanks so much! Did it sound like that applies to all majors (i.e. that nobody will be admitted off the CALS waitlist), or just the Biological Sciences major, which might be more competitive?
  • lupin1212lupin1212 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello! CALS waitlist applicants: did anyone's Transeval update??
  • lupin1212lupin1212 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 16
    Good luck to everyone btw!